Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead



This is the fourth book of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. I liked it- a lot. The characters are evolving and growing up. Some characters surprise you others let you down but either way you are hooked. I read this book in 2 days. I highly recommend this series.




Synopsis (from barnesandnoble.com): How far will Rose go to keep her promise?
The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir's Academy was the deadliest ever in the school's history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri.
He'd rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?




My thoughts: Well Rose is a kick ass girl. You can not help but like her or want to be like her. Her BFF Lissa is kind of annoying to me. I did like that there were hints that Lissa will step up her attitude (hopefully) and quit being such a baby in the next novel. As far as the relationship between Rose and Demitri you can not help but hurt for Rose, yet still love Demitri even though he is now the enemy (strigoi). I liked the change of pace of this book in the fact that most of the setting is entirely of Rose and whats going on with her. Rose also gets to meet Demitri's family which was cool and gives you insight into Demitir's life. I like Christian (Lissa's boyfriend) more and more with each book. Adrian is still a mystery and I kinda dig him. I would love to learn more about Adrian in the next book. This book definitely ends in a cliffhanger and I can't wait to see what happens next in Rose's world. I only hope Richelle writes fast and the next book in the series does not take a year to come out or disappoint me!!




But seriously WTF did the cover of this book have to do with anything? The girl on the cover is blond like Lissa and does not give off the "Rose" vibe at all, but why would Lissa be on the cover b/c she was a minor player in this book? I know in all my reviews I comment on the book cover but seriously that is what draws the characters for me! I loved the first book cover and that girl was who I imagine perfectly to be Rose! Hopefully we will see that girl again on the next book cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment