Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wicked Lovely (bk 1-3) by Melissa Marr


This series was recommended to me by my mom. I loved them. I read all 3 books in 3 days! The cover art for all the books is absolutely beautiful. This is a series that you have to read in order. My mom didn't realize that and read them out of order and was kind of confused by the story line. These are the first books by Melissa Marr I have ever read. But I already plan on reading the 4th book in the series, "Radiant Shadows"- which is already out, and the 5th book, "Darkest Mercy"- which is coming out in 2011. If you like faeries, subtle romance, and drama these books are for you.


BK 1 "Wicked Lovely"- (synopsis from back cover)- Rule #3 Don't stare at invisible faeries. Rule #2 Don't speak to invisible faeries. Rule #1 Don't ever attract their attention. Aislin has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous they walk hidden in the mortal world. When the rules have kept her safe from them stop working, everything suddenly is on the line: her freedom, her best friend Seth: her life: everything.


My thoughts: Aislin has a crazy talent that very few humans have. She has a best friend Seth who is a really interesting character. Keenan is a faery who is very interested in Aislin. I didn't really like Keenan. There is an evil winter witch, come one what else could you ask for?! 4/5


Bk 2 "Ink Exchange"- (synopsis from back of book) 17 y.o. Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their shadowy power struggles. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life. The tattoo does bring changes- not the kind that Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that bind her to Irial, a dark and dangerous feary king fighting for the soul of his court. Slowly, Leslie is drawn deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils...


My thoughts: This was my favorite book out of the 3. It is darker and more intense. This is Leslie's story and Aislinn, Keenan, and Seth kind of take the background. The only part I was dissapointed in was the ending but hopefully that just means this story will pick up in a future book! I want to tell you all about it but at the same time think the reader should read this book to find out how much it rocks!! 5/5


Bk 3- "Fragile Eternity"- (synopsis from book) Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone- but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he's ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen. Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her-but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.


My thoughts: I am not fond of Aislinn, because she is so blind sometimes, or Keenan because he is kind of a skeez, but I absolutely adore Seth. I thought learning more of Seth's perspective was very cool. I liked this book because the story flowed and kept my attention, but it just didn't have that special something the other ones did. 3/5

1 comment:

  1. Update:Read Radiant Shadows and HATED it. Could not believe the book was even written by the same person.

    ReplyDelete