Monday, December 14, 2009

Lover Avenged, by J.R. Ward


This is Ms. Ward's 7th book from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. After reading the 6th book, Lover Enshrined (Phury's story), and not really enjoying it, I was a little hesitant to read this book. But I have followed the series faithfully so I had to give this book a fair shot. J.R. Ward does not disappoint in this book! I rate it a 4/5.


First of all, this book was better than book 6 (thank god) and I would definitely recommend it to a friend. Rhev is a sympath vampire and not actually in the Brotherhood. Rhev is a bad bad boy. He manipulates emotions, owns the club Zero Sum, and is a notorious drug dealer/gangsta type guy. Ehlena is a vampire nurse who is dealing with family drama. This story has many different plot lines going at the same time. There were many things I liked and just one thing I did not like.


Likes: RHEV, enough said. Ehlena was like able and sweet but not spectacular. This book has drama, sex, suspense, romance and intricate plots- whats not to love? This story sets up nicely for John Mathew and Xhex's story which will be book 8- Lover Mine out April 2010. I was happy that in this book it was not all about Mr.X or Mr.O but more about Rhev and Ehlena.


Dislikes: I don't know why this bothers me, but I don't picture Rhev having a Mohawk at all. Actually as I am reading the story I picture Rhev as the actor Maurice Benard who plays Sonny Corinthos on General Hospital, except with lots of tattoos and amethyst eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment