Friday, December 4, 2009

Sleeping with the Fishes, by Mary Janice Davidson


I have enjoyed Mary Janice Davidsonson's Undead Novels. I had my eye on this book for a while but just wasn't sure if I would like it.

My thoughts: The cover design is attractive and catches the eye. A lot of author's are writing about vampires, werewolf's, Fae, but none are writing about mermaids. I found that aspect of the story to be refreshing. The story was short and kept my attention. What I did not like was the main character, Fred, she is like a cheap knock off of Betsy from the undead series. Also seriously, Fred, that was the best name Ms. Davidson could come up with? Also Fred has green hair (the color of the ocean), which I didn't really like. I was not keen on either of the two leading men in the story. This story had the potential to be so much more. I still would recommend it to paranormal fans, especially if it is a cold and snowy day and they are stuck inside for the afternoon. Overall score 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment