Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nocturne City Series by Caitlin Kittredge


I have read books by Caitlin Kittredge before, so I kind of had an idea of what to expect with this series. For some reason to me the first book in Caitlin's series is always the best. I thought so with this series and with her Black London series.


Bk 1, Night Life: You are introduced to Luna who is an insoli werewolf- which means without a pack. She is also a cop. She is tough and witty. Her cousin, Sunny- a witch is her roommate. She is investigating murders and meets a guy named Dmitri who is also a were. This book was definitely my favorite of the series. Luna is kick ass and Dmitri is just the kind of rough edged guy Luna needs. 4.5/5



Bk 2, Pure Blood: A good story but not my favorite. Luna is now a detective. Dmitri is settling issues with his elders. Luna is investigating murders caused by rival witch clans. I was into Luna missing Dmitiri and wondering how that would play out with them. Sunny is not in this one as much and I missed her character. 4/5


Bk 3, Second Skin: And this is the book in which the series start to slowly descend downhill. I felt like this book didn't resolve any conflicts and just made new ones. Dmitri and Luna are not getting along, someone is killing elder were pack members. Luna meets Lucas who is in a class all on his own. 3/5


Bk 4, Witch Craft: By far my least favorite in the series. Luna is now running her own paranormal division. I just felt that everything that could have been done already in this series was. There was not really any new element added to this book. I really struggled to finish this one. 2/5


Overall Thoughts: Fire whoever does the cover art. Seriously. The first book looks like a drawn girl they tried to make look real- not attractive. The second book cover was okay, but the title had nothing to do with this book. The third book cover has Luna in heels and a lingerie corset thing, when she is more of a jeans gal, and the title is completely random. The 4th book has Luna in skimpy clothes holding onto rope- okay, what?! Caitlin must have a thing for the leading gals being cops (or private investigators). I hope that the next bk in the series isn't as predictable. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment