Friday, January 1, 2010

Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge


This is the first book I have ever read by Caitlin Kittredge. This is book 1 of the Black London series. I liked it enough to run out and by the second book in the series "Demon Bound".


Synopsis (from back of book): Her name is Pete Caldecott. She was just sixteen when she met Jack Winter, a gorgeous, larger-than-life mage who thrilled her with his witchcraft. Then a spirit Jack summoned killed him before Pete's eyes-or so she thought. Now a detective, Pete is investigating the kidnapping of a young girl from the streets of London...a case that brings her face to face with Jack.


Strung out on heroin, Jack is a shadow of his former self. But he's able to tell Pete exactly where Bridget's kidnappers are hiding: in the supernatural shadow-world of the fey. Pete follows Jack into the fey underworld, where she hopes to discover the truth about what happened to Bridget-and what happened to Jack on that dark day so long ago...


My thoughts: I am not sure what the cover of the book is made out of but it is really soft. The cover art is very nicely done. I am not sure but I really hated Pete's name, which is also short for something else that is even worse. Yuck. Jack is a jerk. Pete and Jack fight throughout the entire book. I thought this book would be more of a romance than it was. Also there is an obscene amount of cursing in this book that could have been toned down a little. I liked that Pete was an investigator, usually it is they guy that has that job role. That being said once I started reading this book I read it straight through. I gave this book a 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment