Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sisters of the Moon Series by Yasmine Galenorn


This is a review of books 1-5. I have never read any other books by Yasmine Galenorn. These stories are about 3 sisters.


The background info for BK 1, "Witchling" is- We're the D'Artigo sisters: half-human, half-fae, we're savvy- and sexy-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency (OIA). But our mixed-blood heritage short-circuits our talents at all the wrong times. My sister Delilah shape shifts into a tabby cant whenever she's stressed. Menolly's a vampire who's still trying to get the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Camille- a wicked-good witch. Except my magic's as unpredictable as the weather, which my enemies are about to find out the hard way...


Story: Camille is the oldest sister. Her and her sisters are trying to keep the bad guys from taking control of both earth and otherworld. They must find portal seals to keep the main bad guys- Shadow Wing and other Demons.


My thoughts: Camille is not my favorite sister, she is kind of arrogant and annoying. Camille runs a bookstore as a cover job on earth. The main problem I had with this book is that the story is bombarded with unneeded information. I know it is necessary to know the story history but in this case it was almost too much. I liked the book but didn't love it. 3/5


Bk 2, "Changeling": Delilah is the middle sister but is treated like the baby. She is a werecat but shifts into a tabby. Her cover job is running a private investigator office. She takes a job for another werepuma and the sparks fly. Her and her sisters are still fighting Shadow Wing. Of all the sister's Delilah is my favorite. Delilah's love life gets tricky in this story she likes both the were-puma and an FBH (full blooded human) named Chase.


My thoughts: This book is much better than the first one. Delilah is a force to be reckoned with. I gave it a 4/5.


BK 3, "Darkling"- Menolly runs a bar and she is a vampire. She is a tough, scary (but in a good way) chick. She is facing demons of her own. She attends VA, vampire anonymous, meetings. She has to face the wicked vampire who turned her.


My thoughts: Menolly is strong but you do get to see her vulnerable side. She is dealing with a lot of personal issues in this book. Her love life is complicated, but I wanted more in that area out of this story. All in all not a bad story. 4/5.


Bk 4, "Dragon Wytch"- This story goes back to Camille's side. Her love life is crazy, she has 3 main men. A Demon, a svartan, and a dragon. The girls are still fighting bad guys.


My thoughts: I was disappointed in this book. Maybe it's because I don't really like Camille, or maybe it's because judging by the title I thought, Smoky, the dragon would play a bigger role in the story than he did. Also the cover is disturbing. Camille is supposed to be hot and while her body is banging, her face looks like a drag queen (and not a hot one). 3/5


Bk 5, "Night Huntress"- Throughout the story Delilah and Chase, the FBH, have become very close. But Chase screws up majorly. Delilah is trying to figure out what she wants in life and love. She also finds out some surprising info about her past.


My thoughts: Really liked this book. Delilah is growing up and you get to see her evolve and not seem so naive. 4/5.


The 6th bk is Demon Mistress and it follows up with Menolly's story. I liked this series well enough to definitely put this book on my to-read, wish list.


No comments:

Post a Comment